Over 100 full/partial skeins of yarn were available for the taking. Thank you Ruth, Gayle & Eileen for destashing and sharing.
Kaitlan demonstrated her Addi circular knitting machine. She is able to knit an adult size hat in about 20 minutes. Thanks Kaitlan!
We celebrated July birthdays with chocolate cake, chocolate oatmeal cookies and watermelon balls thanks to Joyce, Donna and Barb H.
Here's what we are working on:
- Jessie is knitting bright pink socks, two at a time. And had spun some lovely teal and ivory yarn.
- Gayle is knitting an intricate lace scarf.
- Karen is knitting hooded baby sweaters.
- Laura modeled her completed DuoTone cowl & is crocheting a camo baby hat for donation. Made 3 Alzheimers texture pages for a Veterans book.
- Glenda is crocheting a mauve scarf & had 2 more to donate.
- Donna is knitting a manly hat and had hats to donate.
- Hannelore is weaving in the ends on knit baby hats for donation and helped Laura with a poncho rework.
- Virginia is knitting a cute Hello Kitty scarf.
- Joyce in crocheting a two color baby hat & donated hats and a baby blanket.
- Rebecca is knitting a baby hat and had hats to donate.
- Roy is looming socks.
- Beth is knitting brown socks, two at a time.
- Kaitlan knit hats on her Addi machine and donated them.
- Barbara had 3 scarves to donate. She reported we have 15 scarves and 7 hats for the Veterans in November. Goal is 30 each.
- Newcomer Tina is teaching Jane and Maggie to knit on dpns.
- Newcomer Leigh had 3 baby hats to donate & showed projects she has been working on.
- Susan R had about 35 darling crocheted baby hats for donation.
- Sue S had 12 scarves for our veterans to donate.
- 119 items were collected to donate to local Wacoans. Thank YOU Barbara H, Laura, Glenda, Sylvia, Joyce, Hannelore, Rebecca, Donna, Leigh, Susan R, Sue S, Kaitlan & everyone for your generosity.