- Welcome newcomer Lindsey who is working a crocheted masterpiece of a blanket!
- Janet stopped by and dropped off 3 gallon-baggies of toiletries for the Hospice Veterans
- Jessica finished her stunning On The Bias cowl
- Kaitlain is brioche knitting very prettily.
- Hannelore is knitting a dpn baby hat.
- Ruth is loom knitting a fun fuzzy hat
- Olivia is knitting her second sock
- Rebecca is knitting a cupcake hat in brown/pink
- Joyce is crocheting her last cowl from her Marjie Yarn stash. And had 3 hats to donate for Friends for Life and a cowl for Marjie Memorial.
- Lauren is knitting a sweater vest for her sister and anther fair isle type sweater for her other sister
- Celine is crochet slippers for her Mom's birthday.
- Donna is crochet an extra-large hotpad for a friend.
- Laura is crocheting a poncho with Marjie Yarn.
- Cynthia M (now just Cynthia) is crocheting owl blocks for a community blanket Wendy is spearheading for a sick friend.
- Sue is knitting a basketweave baby blanket. And had a gorgeous pink one to donate to a local newborn.
- Several people would like to continue making Baby Hats for donation (optional) in 2015.
Recap of additional Waco Knitters & Crocheters activities this past week:
- Pat collected 13 loom knit baby hats from kids who work in the office at Midway Middle School and we will donate to Providence newborns. Thank you!
- Cynthia, Hannelore, Cynthia's Aunt Cathy, Karen, Barbara and Sara all dressed in 1890's garb and did a live knitting & crochet demo at the Gov. Bill & Vara Daniel Historic Village behind the Mayborn Museum for their "Christmas in the Village" event. The weather was nice and they had a fun time together knitting and crocheting and talking to people.
- Laura and Pat delivered 480 items to the "Gifts for Grannies (and Grandpas too!)" project by Friends for Life to provide gifts to the elderly in the community that might not otherwise receive a Christmas gift. Thank you to all who donated!!
- 18 people made it to the Christmas Party last week. Again, thank you to Pat for hosting us! And everyone for sharing the holiday fun.
Please join us Tuesday Dec 23rd, 12 noon at Olive Garden, 5921 W Waco Drive, for lunch and knitting/crocheting. All welcome.
Wishing you the child-like anticipation of Christmas-yet-to come, as well as Health & Happiness in the coming New Year! Merry Christmas,
Waco Knitters & Crocheters