- Terry is crocheting another lovely afghan.
- Newlywed :-) Lindsey W. is crocheting headbands with adorable interchangable flowers.
- Hannelore is knitting baby booties to help Susan A. with a problem.
- Newcomer Amy is a volunteer with the Texas Special Olympics and requested Winter Games scarves. For more info please see the post at http://wacoknitters.weebly.com/blog/2500-scarves-for-2016-special-olympics
- Karen finished her 3rd baby sweater and is working on a 4th.
- Kimberly completed a dress sash cinch she was wearing by the end of the meetup.
- Mindy is working on a baby afghan...just in case.
- Carolyn is working on a knit Homespun prayer shawl with "design features".
- Newcomer Lucy is working a summer dishcloth.
- Newcomer Miranda is knitting a dishcloth as well.
- Carmen walked over for the socialization.
- Kaitlan is knitting herself a pair of socks.
- Yolande is crocheting a stuffed shark.
- Newcomer Tina is knitting an amazing blue lace scarf.
- Lauren is knitting socks.
- Jill came for the socialization as she's been working a lot lately and needed some "ME" time.
- Newlywed Olivia is knitting a lovely afghan.
- Nancy is crocheting baby hats. Or Gelato huggies.
- Daythene is knitting a scarf.
- Laura is knitting a basket for September's optional Group Project.
- Waco Knitter Donna wanted to convey her Thanks for all the cards, calls, messages during this time of her back surgery recovery. She is faithfully doing occupational therapy and physical therapy at her home on her way to full recovery.
September's Sip Sup Knit will be at Shorty's Pizza Shack 5pm September 3rd. Come to knit, eat, socialize. All welcome. Afterwards there is talk of walking over to Dancing Bear Pub.
In September, we will have an optional Group Project: BASKETS. Knit & crochet examples will be shown at the September 8th Knitting & Crochet Meetup. We will have Basket Show-n-Tell in October with a random drawn prize for participants.
Waco Knitters will demonstrate at the HOT Fair on Saturday Oct 10th and Oct 17th from noon to 4pm. Sign up required to receive entry and parking passes.
Waco Knitters 7th Anniversary luncheon will be held at McLane Stadium's Baylor Club 11:30am on October 27th. Limited space. Reservations required.
Waco Knitter Sara (and fiance Andy) invite all the Waco Knitters to attend their wedding Dec 21st at Cogdell Memorial United Methodist Church followed by a reception at Raymond's Southern Kitchen.
Next Meetup is September 8th at South Waco Library, 5pm. Hope to see you there. All welcome.